Creamy Spicy Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp Recipe
Creamy spicy garlic butter tuscan shrimp in a light and creamy garlic parmesan sauce with sun dried tomatoes. Hold the pasta for a low carb keto approved / keto friendly meal!
Everyone loves shrimp and garlic. Shrimp scampi, spicy garlic shrimp and other shrimp recipes are always a favorite. I wanted to create one that had all of the flavor of a scampi but with a creamy cheesy flavor edge. This recipe idea is a potentially ketogenic / keto-friendly meal or you can indulge and put it over pasta for a cheat day or when you want/need the carbs. Throw it over a salad. Make a sandwich with it. Best of all, this is a kid-friendly, quick and easy dinner recipe that you can whip up in minutes after work or on any weekend. Super quick. Super easy. Super delicious.
• 1 pound frozen shrimp, thawed peeled and deveined
• 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 4 tablespoons salted butter
• 1/4 teaspoon red hot pepper flakes to taste
• 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 2 shallots, chopped
• 1/4 cup jarred sun dried tomato in oil, drained and sliced
• 1/2 cup sherry wine
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 3 cups baby spinach leaves, washed
• 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
• 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
• 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
• Salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make It:
• Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and add in the garlic and fry until fragrant (about one minute). Add in the shrimp and fry two minutes on each side, until just cooked through and pink. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
• Fry the shallots in the butter remaining in the skillet. Pour in the white wine (if using), and allow to reduce to half, while scraping any bits off of the bottom of the pan. Add the sun dried tomatoes and fry for 1-2 minutes to release their flavours.
• Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the half and half and bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
• Add in the spinach leaves and allow to wilt in the sauce, and add in the parmesan cheese. Allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through the sauce. (For a thicker sauce, add the milk/cornstarch mixture to the centre of the pan, and continue to simmer while quickly stirring the mixture through until the sauce thickens.)
• Add the shrimp back into the pan; sprinkle with the herbs and parsley, and stir through.
• Serve over pasta, rice or steamed veg.