Does it surprise you to learn that we begin to lose muscle mass as young as age 30? As we age, building muscle and strength training become much more difficult than when we were young. The good news is: you can beat the odds! Strength training to build and maintain muscle is going to slow down the aging process and make you look and feel younger. Let’s explore 8 awesome strength training moves women over 50 should do:
1. Squat bicep with knee lift
2. Forearm plank
3. Single leg hamstring bridge
4. Kneeling push ups
5. Reverse grip double arm row
6. Cross behind lunge with lateral raise
7. Tricep kickback
8. Bird dog
For more helpful info on strength training moves over 50, read our blog post:
Get Healthy U is a fitness hub founded by Chris Freytag that educates and inspires women to make healthy lifestyle choices. GHU covers exercise tutorials, fun and effective workout routines and delicious, nutritious recipes that keep your body happy and healthy.
Chris Freytag is a fitness expert with 25+ years of experience studying exercise and nutrition. She’s dedicated to helping others use movement to feel good, be happy and love life. Chris is a highly-qualified trainer, with these certifications:
– ACE Certified Personal Trainer
– ACE Certified Health Coach
– ACE Certified Group Fitness Instructor
– YogaFit Certified
– Pilates Trained Mat and Reformer
– ACE Board of Directors – Emeritus Member
– Board of Visitors, J-School, Mass Communications, UW-Madison
– Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism from University of Wisconsin
– Author of 7 books and dozens of fitness DVDs
Subscribe to GHU!
Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Instagram!