To all those who are on their health and fitness journey and are:
• Easily distracted
You need to find a fitness buddy.
A fitness buddy is a friend, colleague, workmate, or coach who is with you on your health and fitness journey.
Your fitness buddy is one of the best ways to:
1. sustain your health and fitness habits
2. bounce ideas around
3. stay accountable when you’re lazy or looking for an excuse
4. help Pseudo-coach you.
Keen to start?
Here’s some useful ways to work with your fitness buddy:
1. While focusing on exercise –
If you have someone that you can jog or walk with, or even go to the gym with, they can help you with:
• Exercise skill / knowledge such as, benefits and features of the movements
• “Spot” you in the performance of your exercise
• Give you feedback on some of the “technique cues” that you may or may not have done so that you can improve for next time.
2. For nutrition and diet –
Of course, your nutrition and diet will play a huge role in your health and wellbeing so your fitness buddy will play that role of:
• Healthy meal and snack idea generator
• Assistant chef and meal prep cook
• Devil’s advocate on your restaurant and meal choices
• Emotional support during times of boredom, stress or excessive celebratory occasions.
3. Wellbeing, mindset, stress management etc.
These factors need an extra pair of eyes to help research tips and tricks, keep the big picture in focus and also to ensure there’s a balance to your actions especially for:
• Thoughts management so that they remain healthy
• Balancing ambition against down-time or “non-focus” time
• Sleep hygiene life hacks
• Stress and relaxation dynamics
• Social health and it’s inclusion in your daily and weekly schedules.
Your fitness buddy is your ultimate guru and friend. They will be useful for all the above and more during your health and fitness journey. While they aren’t as good as having an actual coach it’s a start! Use that initial boost to make the big change you need and then once you want to take it to the next level of health and fitness, let me know
Subscribe NOW to Maximize your Metabolism’s Youtube Channel here:
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness. International Athlete, National Strength & Conditioning Coach for the Philippine Volcanoes rugby teams, qualified Dietitian / Nutritionist and qualified educator.
Chris combines over 11 years of health & fitness experience together to deliver the best strategies to grow your mindset, rewire your habits and transform your life.
Chris has a live recorded show called The #AskEvro Show where he talks about health, nutrition, exercise, mindset and peak performance strategies to help his viewers and community on their health, fitness and personal life journeys. Feel free to post your questions in the comments section and he’ll feature it.
To learn more visit my website:
Join my newsletter:
Connect with me online here:
Snapchat – @evrochris
Periscope – @chrisevro
Meerkat – @chrisevro
PLEASE CONSULT YOUR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL BEFORE BEGINNING ANY DIET OR FITNESS REGIME.
Thank you for watching this video. 🙂